Hakeem Olatunji Tijani
Political and Governance Policy Research Department (PGPRD)
Dr. Hakeem Olatunji Tijani is a Senior Research Fellow of Political Science in Political and Governance Policy Department at NISER. Born in Ibadan, Nigeria, Dr. Tijani was educated at University of Ibadan in Ibadan, Nigeria and graduated with a Bachelor degree in Political Science. He mounted unto Master of Science (M.Sc) and Doctorate (PhD) degrees in Political Science in the same University. He has been with NISER for more than 3 decades where he has gained experience in social and applied research. He is an adjunct lecturer in the Department of Political Science, University of Ibadan, Nigeria. Dr. Tijani has served as a reviewer for both local and international journals. He has served as a consultant to many organisations both local and international and has collaborated with other think-tanks of the world including Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C. He has participated in many technical teams including the Sustainable Development Goals and served as a Resource Person for specialized trainings for high level officers in the Ministries, Departments and Agencies of the Federal Government of Nigeria. Dr. Tijani has served as a consultant to many organisations both local and international and has collaborated with other think-tanks of the world including Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C. He has published in both local and international journals. Dr Tijani’s areas of research interest include governance, development issues, institutions and international relations with special emphasis on globalization. His publications are woven around these research areas.
- Tijani, H.O. (2022). The United States Foreign Intervention and African Command (AFRICOM): Implications for Nigeria. JPPUMA: Jurnal Ilmu Pemerintahan Dan Sosial Politik UMA (Journal of Governance and Political Social UMA), 10(2), 256–267. https://doi.org/10.31289/jppuma.v10i2.8220.
- Tijani, H. O. (2022). Distinctions between the Ancient Islamism and the Contemporary Islamism in Nigeria. PERSPEKTIF, 11(4), 1638–1646. https://doi.org/10.31289/perspektif.v11i4.7631.
- Tijani, H.O. (2022). Good Governance and Terrorism in Nigeria. Jurnal Administrasi Publik (Public Administration Journal), 12(2), 230–244. https://doi.org/10.31289/jap.v12i2.8221.
- Simbine, A. T. and Tijani, H.O. (2022) in Chidiebere, U, Ikwelle, E. and Omotola, A. (Eds.) Multidimensional Election Security Threats: Challenges, Options & Opportunities for Nigeria 2023 General Elections. Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Nigeria, Abuja. https://library.fes.de/pdf-files/bueros/nigeria/19954.pdf.
- Tijani, H.O. (2019) “Can Judicial Institution Stimulate Citizens Well-being in Nigeria?” African Journal of Stability and Development, Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Vol. 12, No. 2.
- Tijani, H.O. (2019) “Judicial Corruption in Nigeria’s Fourth Republic” African Journal of Stability and Development, Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Vol. 12, No. 1.
- Tijani, H.O. (2018) “Judicial Transparency and Governance in Nigeria”, East African Journal of Educational Research and Policy (EAJERP), Vol. 13, No. 1 June, Kampala International University, Uganda.
- Tijani, H.O. (2018) “Globalization, International Order and Human Rights”, African Journal of Governance and Development, Volume 7, No. 2, December, University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- Tijani, H.O. (2018) “Determinants of Quality Institutions: A Comparison of Various Perspectives, African Journal of Stability & Development 11 No. 2.
- Tijani, H.O. (2018). “Partnership for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGS): The Need for a Research Component for Accountability in Nigeria, Journal of African Sustainable Development, Vol. 10, No. 7.
Senior Research Fellow