Terungwa Paul Joseph Jato
Human Capital Policy Research Department (HCPRD)
Dr. Terungwa Paul Joseph Jato is an Economist with specialization in development economics. His research interest is in the areas of poverty reduction, rural development, quantitative economics and general human development. He obtained his first and second degrees in Economics from the Benue State University, Makurdi, in 2004 and 2009, respectively; and his third degree in Development Economics from the University of Port-Harcourt, Port-Harcourt, in 2016. He is a lecturer with the Department of Business Administration, Joseph Sarwuan Tarka University, Makurdi. He was the head of research at the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN), Lagos, from 2014 to 2015, a lecturer in the Department of Economics at Veritas University (The Catholic University of Nigeria), Abuja, from 2011 to 2014, a lecturer in the Department of Economics at University of Mkar from 2008 to 2010; a Part-Time Lecturer at Benue State University, Makurdi, from 2005 to 2011; and a Part-Time Lecturer with the Kwararafa University, Wukari, from 2006 to 2009. He has taught courses in Economics like Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Monetary Economics, and History of Economic Thought; and Management related courses like Business Mathematics and Principles of Finance; and Research Methodology. He is presently a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in the Human Capital Policy Department (HCPD), the Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research (NISER). He is a member of the Nigerian Economic Society (NES), Association of Climate Change Professionals (ACCP), and Development Studies Association (DSA), Nigeria. He is married with children. Dr Jato has a list of publications to his name. Some of these include:
10 Most Recent Publications
- Iorember, P. T., Iormom, B., Jato, T. P., & Abbas, J. (2022). Understanding the bearable link between ecology and health outcomes: The criticality of human capital development and energy use. Heliyon, 1-24. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heliyon.2022.e12611.
- Jato, P. T. J. (2022). Entrepreneurship: a panacea to youth unemployment challenge. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Business Innovation, 5(2). 60-72. DOI: https://doi.org/10.52589/IJEBI-TBYPIFIU.
- Jato, P. T. J. (2022). Does their geography matter? Assessing the impact of geographical factors on development of rural communities in Benue State, Nigeria. African Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development, 5(3), 83-103. DOI: https://doi.org/10.52589/AJESD-IIZLW0RS.
- Ukase, P. I. & Jato, T. P. J. (2022). Socio-economic consequences of conflict: the predicament of internally displaced persons in Benue State. African Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities Research, 5(5), 10-26. DOI: https://doi.org/10.52589/AJSSHR-ZA1BOPLM.
- Jato, T. P. J. & Ayaga, J. M. (2022). Natural resources abundance and macroeconomic performance in Nigeria. European Journal of Economics, 2(1), 1-18. DOI: https://doi.org/10.33422/eje.v2i1.185.
- Jato, P. T. J. & Ayaga, J. M. (2022). External economic shocks and monetary policy tools in Nigeria. International Journal of Research and Innovation in Social Science (IJRISS), 6(7) 110-119. ISSN: 2454-6186, DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.47772/IJRISS.2022.6709.
- Onehi, H. D., Adigwe, P. K. & Jato, T. P. J. (2022). An assessment of the impact of monetary policy on general price stability in Nigeria. University of Nigeria Journal of Political Economy, 12(1), 54-75. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.6987217.
- Aborh, K. B. & Jato, T. P. J. (2018). Foreign resources inflow and economic growth in Nigeria. Lafia Journal of Economics and management Sciences, 3(2), 1-21.
- Jato, T. P. J. & Kalu, I. E. (2016). The Rate and Causes of Poverty in Rural Benue State of Nigeria: A Multidimensional Approach. Benue Journal of Social Sciences, 4(1), 71-89.
- Jato, T. P. J. & Otto, G. (2016). An evaluation of the determinant of rural poverty in Benue State. African Journal of Management, Social Sciences and Humanities, 3(1), 386-403.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
Phone: +2348066051622, +2348026606069.
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow