INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION
The Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research (NISER) invites reputable companies with relevant experience and good track record to apply for Pre-qualification in respect of the under-listed projects:
LOT 1 - Supply of furniture items
LOT 2 - Supply and installation of toilet fittings and tiles
LOT 3 - Supply and installation of aluminum windows and doors
LOT 4 - Supply and installation of ceilings (pop)
LOT 5 - Supply and installation of flooring materials LOT 6 Supply and installation of light fixtures
LOT 7 - Supply and installation of external solar lights LOT 8 Supply of solar panels and inverters
I. PRE-QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
To be considered, interested companies are required to submit all the under-listed verifiable documents:
- Evidence of company registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), and evidence of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in case of a joint venture. To be included are CAC registration forms C02 and C07, certified true copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company.
- Corporate profile including CVs and credentials of key personnel of the company, indicating years of qualification, cognate experience and certificates of registration with relevant professional bodies.
- Evidence of registration on the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers.
- Current Compliance Certificate issued by the Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF)
- Tax clearance certificate for the last three years (2014-2016), duly stamped
- Copy of VAT registration certificate and evidence of remittances
- Company’s audited statement of accounts for the last three years (2014-2016) showing annual turnover, duly signed and stamped by a professional Accounting/Audit firm.
- Evidence of compliance with Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Amendment Act, 2011 by inclusion of 2016 Compliance Certificate from ITF.
- Evidence of compliance with Pension Reform Act, 2004 by inclusion of 2016 Compliance Certificate from National Pension Commission (PENCOM).
- Reference(s) from reputable bank(s) demonstrating availability of funds/liquid assets and/or credit facilities from the company’s banker(s) to successfully execute contract.
- Verifiable evidence of jobs successfully executed, or being executed within the last five years, indicating type, cost, location, evidence of award and completion.
- List of verifiable equipment to be used for the project
- Evidence of maintenance capabilities after project delivery
- Company’s registered address, functional contact address, GSM phone numbers and e-mail addresses.
- Reference letters from three (3) previous clients of similar projects, satisfactorily completed and verifiable.
- A sworn affidavit certifying that:
- a. the documents submitted for the pre-qualification exercise are not only genuine, but correct
- b. the Director(s) of the company seeking Pre-qualification has never been convicted in any country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter;
- c. the company is not in receivership, the subject of any form of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings or the subject of any form of winding up petition or proceedings;
- d. none of the officers of the relevant committees of NISER or BPP is a former or present Director of the company, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidders.
II. SUBMISSIONS OF PREQUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
The Pre-qualification documents for each LOT must be submitted separately in original and four copies on A4 size paper and arranged in the order of the sequence in (I) above. Each submission should be sealed in an envelope and the job LOT number clearly marked at the top left corner of the envelope. Each envelope should be addressed to: The Head, Procurement Unit Room 8, NISER Administration Building NISER, Oyo Road, Ojoo, Ibadan The Pre-qualification documents should be hand delivered and deposited in the Tenders Box in the office of the Head, Procurement Unit not later than six weeks from the date of this publication, that is not later than 12.00 noon on 8th January, 2018. Contractors, Service Providers or their representatives are hereby invited to the public opening of their Pre-qualification documents immediately after close of submission at 12.00 noon on 8th January, 2018. Venue of the public opening is the Conference Room, NISER Administration Building.
Please Note that:
- Late submission will be rejected;
- Pre-qualification for each LOT should be done separately as non-compliance may lead to disqualification;
- NISER reserves the right to reject any and/or all bidding packages, and is neither committed nor obliged to give reasons for the rejection of any of the companies responding to this invitation;
- NISER is neither committed nor obliged to shortlist any contractor or service provider for invitation to tender;
- NISER will only recognize and correspond with only authorized officers of the tendering companies and NOT through individuals or agents acting on their behalf; and
- This invitation for Pre-qualification shall neither be construed as a commitment on the part of NISER nor shall it entitle any contractor or service provider to make any claims whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from NISER.